Man electrocuted working with boom lift near Stockholm
A 26-year-old man died Tuesday evening after being electrocuted near Stockholm while working with a boom lift.
Adrian Regehr was working with a 17-year-old at about 5:40 p.m. just south of Stockholm.
The teen was in the basket of the boom lift and was injured. Regehr was trying to help him. Few details are available from the RCMP about exactly how Regehr came into contact with electricity.
When RCMP officers arrived, Regehr was being treated by paramedics in an ambulance. He was taken to hospital in Esterhazy, where he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.
The 17-year-old only had minor injuries and didn't want to be treated.
The Provincial Coroner as well as Occupational Health & Safety are conducting an investigation into the death.
Regher lived in the R.M. of Saltcoats.
Edited by CJME's Karen Brownlee.