Skip to Content
Saskatoon News

Haz-Mat team called to Saskatoon Soccer Centre

'Gas leak' turned out to be a sewer back-up
Reported by Stephanie Froese
Change text size: + -

People at the Lawson Soccer Centre in Saskatoon had an interesting intermission on Friday night, after the smell of gas resulted in haz-mat emergency crews evacuating the building.

Players were huddled around the doors of the building, waiting to see if they would get to play.

It turned out to be a sewer backup, according to fire services. They reported that everything was fine, and players were promptly allowed back into the building.

Edited by News Talk Radio's Jared Knoll.