Barbecue sparks high-rise fire in Regina
A fire triggered by a barbecue spread to balconies on the top three floors of a Regina apartment building Monday night.
Shortly before 7 p.m., fire crews were called to the building at Hamilton Street and 15th Avenue.
Speaking for the fire department, Tom O'Connell said it appears something came loose where the barbecue connected to the propane tank.
The fire spread to the rest of the balcony, and then over three floors. Crews got it under control in about a half hour.
The ten-story building was evacuated. O'Connell said four people were taken to hospital with injuries from burns, and stress-related reactions.
Edited by News Talk Radio's Courtney Mintenko.